Aloo palak curry
North Indian style Potato - spinach curry.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Spinach,cleaned- 1 bunch
- Green chilies - 1 or 2( or according to taste)
- Cinnamon - 1" piece
- Cloves - 1
- Cardamom- 1
- Bay leaf - 1
- Onion,chopped - 3/4 cup( 1 medium)
- Ginger and garlic,finely chopped- 1.5 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/8 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Tomato,finely chopped - 1/2 cup( 1 medium)
- Sugar - 1/8 tsp
- Water - as required
- Potato,cubed and boiled - 1 large
- Kasuri methi - 2 large pinches
- Garam maasala - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- Cream - 1/2 to 3/4 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as required
- You can substitute fresh cream with yogurt if desired.
- Adjust the quantity of water according to the consistency required.
- You can also shallow fry the potato cubes ,if desired.
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies according to your taste.