I am always rather partial to a Salad during the summer, but during the winter, it often feels much to cold to be eating salad. This week I decided to create Winter Salad, with a base of new potatoes and vegetables. I wanted a hearty cheese such as Halloumi which would hold it's own with the other ingredients, and I wasn't too bothered about which vegetables I used, so when I found a carrot and green bean vegetable pack on offer, I decided to use this.
This is a really easy salad to throw together, and you could use any vegetables which you fancy. When I cook this again, I will add some red onion, or maybe some butternut squash to make the flavour a little richer.
Here is my recipe for a Warm Winter Salad. I hope you like it.
250g Salad Potatoes, boiled
200g Mixed Bag Beans and Carrots
Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and Onion Seeds to dress
- Boil the potatoes until cooked.
- Cook the Beans and Carrots either in a microwave pack, or via hot water on the stove and drain.
- Cut the Halloumi into small chunks, and grill on both sides until cooked.
- Once cooked, transfer all of the ingredients to a bowl and combine evenly.
- Drizzle with Olive Oil or Balsamic Vinegar, and perhaps also add some Onion Seeds for Flavour.
- Serve immediately perhaps with some crunchy bread.