Sweet plantain chips ,usually made during Onam festival.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 60minutes
Makes: 4 to 5 cups
- Raw Plantain / Nendra kaya - 5 to 6 large( 1 kg)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Jaggery,grated - 300 gms( approx 1.5 cups loosely packed)
- Roasted rice powder - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Cardamon powder - 3/4 to 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Dry ginger powder- 1.5 to 2 tsp
- Coconut oil,for frying- as required
- Water- as required
- Single thread consistency of the Jaggery syrup is very important to obtain the perfect texture.
- Adjust the quantity of the spices according to your taste.
- Make sure you fry the chips well over medium low flame until it turns crispy.